Saturday, April 12, 2008

Can't You Hear Me Knocking

Sorry for the lack of posts recently - you have to admit, the games aren't exactly stirring the imagination. Mainly I watch and fear someone getting hurt. So far, so good - only minor ailments to Cassell, Baby, House and Powe. All stuff we can joke about. In the back of my mind I fear a devastating injury just as the train gets rolling in April. But I think this way just because there is little else to do but to worry and dither at this point of the season. I want PLAYOFFS.

It's dumb to dip my foot in the MVP pool; absolutely everything has been said on the subject, but I think there is perfect validity for KG's case after pondering it more thoroughly. As Jack said, no one else could have caused such a crazy turnaround to actually happen. When you're the cause of the greatest positive transformation of all time, you deserve the plaudits you get. If you just look at what Kevin Garnett does on the floor (which is a ton), he would not be in the MVP discussion. But because he not only is the symbol of the Green Revolution, but the direct cause of all of it occurring, he needs to be in this discussion. I would still probably go with CP3, but God Bless KG.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

maybe they should just rename the MVP to Offensive Player of the Year ...