Saturday, November 3, 2007

82-0!!!!!

Yeah, baby. If you want serious commentary from this site, I suggest you read my Belichick/NBA piece from yesterday. I got nothing much to say about the first game except that blasting off fireworks in an indoor arena is always a good idea, and Brendan Haywood definitely is going to need to find a new sparring partner to make the Wizards fun again. First games of the season are notoriously misleading; most of us probably remember when Pitino's Celtics handed it to Michael Jordan's Bulls the first game of the year many moons ago. The Bulls somehow managed to recover. Last night's game was freaky in that Arenas and Jamison both shot extremely poorly, and it had little to do with the Celtics defense. That makes the game kind of a wishwash. Garnett did not look that fantastic and he had 22-20-5, which shows you just how great a player he is. Pierce did look great, he won't always shoot like that, and I commend Glenn for sticking him in with the second unit, it well might have been the key to the game. I thought Pollard looked okay out there, even though he didn't really do much. He is a tall guy with size, and that counts for something on this squad. Scal played way too much, hardly a surprise; Powe and Baby deserve some of his minutes. Expect Posey to slide into the four position against Toronto, a bad idea waiting to happen. I'm going on vacation for a few weeks, if I don't write again before I leave I wish you all happy trails, and be sure to read Jack and The Fox's commentary on how these next few weeks play out. Cheers.

1 comment:

Tim Grimes said...

For those of you unfamiliar with the photo, that really is Garnett jet sking.