Wednesday, January 2, 2008

No Time For Change

I’ve always thought people make way too much of a big deal about New Year’s – particularly making the famous “New Year’s Resolution.” My view has always been this: if you want to change something about yourself – you can do it any day of the year. With that said, the Boston Celtics apparently don’t need to make any changes in '08.

Throughout this 26-3 start, I’ve continually allowed things to bug me: Kendrick Perkins’ maddening habits, Tony Allen’s complete inability to play under control, Paul Pierce’s hero complex, the lack of a backup point guard. But you know what? None of these things have mattered through 29 games. They certainly didn’t matter over the recent four game west coast swing, where the C’s played sloppy at times but dispatched the competition with relative ease. As many weaknesses as I may notice, the other teams appear to have more, and like the Al Davis Raiders, the Celtics “Just Win, Baby.”

I figured the road trip would serve as a reality check, with the Celtics coming home 2-2. Instead, they beat the Lakers on short-shorts night to wind up 4-0 and I’m eating my words right now. So much for reality. Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Tim Grimes said...

I agree, I think we are only talking about minor tweaking here, nothing fancy, Perk's hands and Tony's ballhanding notwithstanding. And now so we don't get the venom of a certain blog friend of ours - PERK IS A BEAST!!!!

...that said if a quality big becomes suddenly available in February, I'd like to see the C's pounce.