Monday, March 24, 2008

Some Things Can't Be Said Enough

Don't be bummed about losing to Philadelphia. The Sixers are just plain good right now, needed the game much more than the Celtics, and got an absolutely stellar fourth quarter out of Andre Igoudala. That is nothing to frown about. When you're kicking the shit out of everybody, eventually the other shoe is gonna drop. Two hard-fought losses to New Orleans and Philly hardly qualifies as anything troublesome. Be done with it, if you aren't already.

So let's talk about Leon. I know he seems to be about the only subject I write about these days, and you wouldn't think he would need that saying he already has a namesake website, but I keep having to sing it to the hills: Leon Powe is a monster. He was the best Celtic on the floor tonight, and he continues to amaze with his inside offensive arsenal. I doubt if Powe is even 6'8'', but he works so well in the paint that you never worry about it. This man knows how to find his room. Yes, he gets his shots blocked, but usually he finds a way to put the ball back in. As good as Cassell can be for this team, it is Leon who is the primary focus of the second team's offense. And well it should be. Guys know to get him the ball, because he will score. His production has been consistent and devastating. He is an efficiency machine. As much as I love Posey I am almost ready to say that Powe is more important to this team. I don't mean to be redundant, but it seems like most people still are unclear as to how good Leon has been. Make no mistake - he's been great.

2 comments:

Balcony Gal said...

You speak the truth. Leon showed his strengths last night and they were even more evident b/c those around him showed jack squat (mostly). He's consistent and scrappy and true to his sport. I'd be sporting I Love Powe underwear if I thought it would help the world know about Powe.

Anonymous said...

Leon POWE is POWERFUL! Ha! Take that! In yo face!