Sunday, March 30, 2008

They Were Hitting Everything

I missed most of this one, and while I am remiss for neglecting a historical evening, I think I'll get over it. The Miami Heat shot a glorious 17 for 59 tonight, the 17 made field goals the lowest in NBA history for a game. Are you even remotely surprised? I didn't think so. Combine the best D in the NBA with a pathetic roster in a year from hell and you'd figure this record had a decent chance of falling. Everything Jack said this morning about the state of the C's opponents was brought home by this game, except Scalabrine was (unfortunately?) inactive. The Heat are shockingly bad. They have reached the point now where utter disappointment and disgrace has been tampered by horrible injuries, leading you to trot out Ricky Davis, Earl Barron, Kasib Powell, Chris Quinn and Porthead Blount as your starting five. Ladies and gentleman, I predicted the Miami Heat in the 2008 NBA Finals. One of my finer moments.

1 comment:

Gerald said...

Great reaading your blog